Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Key Role & Responsibilities
- As a software developer, you will be in charge of building software by writing code, modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Also involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Test and implement new software programs.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Analyse user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer or related field
- Knowledge of the software science or related degree
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Creativity is always a plus.
- Must be a full stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
Application Closing Date
3pm; Friday, 22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send tailored CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email
Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.