Smart Partners Consulting Limited - Our client in the Facility Management of Residential and Commercial Properties is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Painter
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for painters who will be responsible for mixing paints, matching colors, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to the surfaces.
- Also performs touch-ups or coordinate large painting projects related to the construction industry.
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint. Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces.
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project
- Quoting and negotiating job prices
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for said project
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete
- Communicating with clients to ensure they're getting the look they're hoping for
Application Closing Date
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Qualification: SSCE/OND
- Experience:3 years
15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV in Ms Word to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.