AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Instrument Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Engineering (Technical Services)
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager/Lead Instrument Engineer
- To provide material selection and corrosion management advice to Project Teams as regards material corrosion ensuring cost effective material selection and corrosion mitigation strategies which will ensure
- (technical) integrity of the materials applied in subsurface and surface hydrocarbon production, processing and transportation systems through their life cycle.
- Formulate a plan, review and analyze preventive maintenance strategy for the equipment instrumentation in order to achieve highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Provide technical advice during troubleshooting and corrective action of instrument breakdown or failures to find the root cause and best solution in order to restore the functionality back to normal.
- Attend to technical query by operation personnel and provide advice/solution according to best engineering practise to address issues which affect the operation.
- Administer the relevant contract, its contractors and suppliers associated to the works as contract holder to ensure compliance to the procedures, policies and guidelines set to support the maintenance needs.
- Monitor spare parts and inventory for critical instrumentation to ensure availability when required in order to minimize production interruption. Establish new inventory/cataloging where necessary. Update information in the inventory to ensure it is relevant for the current operation.
- Provide technical inputs in full cycle of procurement processes for contract, materials and service requisition where required so that all technical requirements are addressed properly to protect company interest.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of instrumentation engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Develop the plan, scope and lead the execution of shutdown works for instrumentation to ensure completion within the specified window.
- Forecast and prepare budget for instrument related activities i.e. maintenance, shutdown and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for variance.
- Supervise work execution on site, develop procedures and instruction for either maintenance, shutdown or project to ensure compliance to safety, specification, standard and procedures in order to achieve highest quality of the work.
- Represent company and participate actively in any meetings, discussion and initiatives by PETRONAS which is relevant to the job roles and business needs in order to safeguard company interest.
- Populate inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately. Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to instrument maintenance activities for his consolidation into Integrated Operation Plan (IOP).
- Supervise and groom Junior Instrument Engineer to develop his technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs
Educational Qualification required for the Position:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Professional Qualification required for the Position:
- Preferably a COREN Registered Engineer.
Experience required for the Position:
- 7+ years experience in Instrumentation engineering design (onshore & offshore) within the Oil and Gas EPC (or related) environment.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Must be conversant with SPI (Intools)
Key Skills and Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player and able to work with all levels of management and multinational staff.
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to prioritize and organize work as well.
22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.