Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Architect
Key Role & Responsibilities
- As a Data Architect, you will work with a specialized team of brilliant minds to build and maintain databases by determining structural requirements.
- You are in charge of developing and installing solutions in line with client’s architectural plan
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Build and develop database solutions to store and retrieve information.
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality.
- Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in a data analysis or management role
- Knowledge of C and PHP languages
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data.
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
Application Closing Date
Friday, 22nd November, 2019; (Time: 3:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.