AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Commissioning Manager
- Review drawings and make recommendations concerning constructability, reliability
- and maintainability
- Develop and maintain the commissioning standards to be used as the guidelines for the commissioning process used for all construction, modification and maintenance projects.
- Develop and maintain all the necessary documents used in the commissioning process with Construction and Project Managers.
- Develop a project specific commissioning plan for each project assigned with Construction and Project Managers.
- Develop or obtain test, start-up procedures for equipment, and the sequence of operation for use in developing the commissioning plan.
- Liaise with Construction and Project Manager to plan day to day running of plant commissioning
- Coordinate the commissioning team throughout the design, construction and maintenance processes.
- Liaise with the client regarding commissioning activities
- Participate in Identifying, coordinating, and managing external (Third Party) commissioning agencies, consultants and Subcontractors for various projects in the event that such services are required.
- Communicate with vendors with regards to issues regarding commissioning of various vendor supplied materials
- Provide updates to all vendors including installation progress, problems, and site requirements for commissioning
- Consider the HR concerns of the commissioning team, including interviewing members of the teams
- Manage a team of onsite commissioning crew, including delegation of various duties to the crew
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times during commissioning
- Manage day to day of the commissioning process, from pre-commissioning inspection and check-listing, water commissioning to hot commissioning
- Attend project meetings for assigned projects and as delegated by the Commissioning Manager .
- Verify functional checks have been performed to accepted standards.
- Verify all equipment is operating as designed and meets or exceeds the expectations of the project.
- Manage with the assistance of QA/QC the preparation and issuing of Commissioning Documents and PACs
- Manage with the assistance of QA/QC the preparation and issuing of handover PACs
- Manage handover of commissioned equipment to the client
- Manage plant ramp up and optimization in liaison with the process pipeline engineer
- Report weekly progress to project manager and client
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Educational Qualification required for the Position:
- B.Sc in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical Preferred)
- Professional Qualification required for the Position:
- COREN Membership.
Experience required for the Position:
- Minimum of 10 Years’ experience in Commissioning role with at least 5 years experience as Commissioning Manager in an Oil and Gas EPCIC environment.
- Operational Perspective
- Personnel Management
- Effective Administrative Management
- Effective Documentation.
Key Skills and Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and standards used in the construction of process facilities.
- Strong working knowledge of project management techniques and methods.
- Ability to Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications in a timely manner
- Considerable skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Considerable skill in analysing problems, resolving disputes and grievances, and developing effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Problem solving
- Diligent and resourceful.
15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.