AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: CAD Administrator
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Engineering (Technical Services)
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager
- To provide Project PDMS/3D CAD Setup and Administration Activities, Data Base Administration, Clash Manager set up, report customization, Spooler Set up & Catalogue Building in an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) environment.
- Database administration
- Loading catalogues and specifications
- Setting up users and databases
- Setting and implementation of isometrics
- Extraction materials list
- Create Macros
- Report customization
- Assist design team in preparing the 3D modeling procedure for the project
- Create new catalogues for the projects as per vendor data for piping, structural & E&I
- Liaise with 3D model coordinator for the smooth functioning of projects
- Support / Guide the design team for any issues (all disciplines)
- Set up the clash management and run clash reports as per the project schedule
- Generate various reports from the 3D model as per project requirements
- Work with SmartPlant Reference Data (SPRD) to load PDMS specifications coming from SPRD and coordinate to resolve any errors with SPRD.
- Coordinate with design teams for MTOs (for input into SPRD) and other reports (weight reports, center of gravity (COG) etc.)
- Setup support configuration and customization using MDS to enable supports modelling and drawing extraction
- Coordinate with all disciplines to ensure that the output of 2D drawings from 3D model is maximized
- Setup & configure drawing styles & rulesets for extraction of various types of 2D drawings for various disciplines
- Should have good understanding of PDMS Spooler Module for user support, trouble shooting and configuration and customization
- Manage PDMS Global and PDMS Extract Databases. Coordinate with Systems lead in setting up global projects
- Coordinate with Systems lead for maintaining global catalogues
- Setup progress measurement gates
- Generate weekly progress reports for 3D administration
- Create local backups of running projects as necessary
- Ensure that project databases are cleaned up and merged periodically
- Create Review / Navisworks file of the 3D model daily
Educational Qualification Required
- Good understanding of Design Engineering and associated work practices
- Very good knowledge of configuring and supporting all modules within Vantage PDMS
- Able to coordinate all PDMS/3D model activities between all engineering departments
- Practical knowledge of PML/PML II programming language
- Able to generate video presentations using Review
- A Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) in Engineering and/or IT background
- Professional Qualification required for the Position:
- Preferably a COREN Registered Engineer.
- Experience required for the Position:
- 5+ years experience in CAD Administration within the Oil and Gas EPC (or related) environment. Experience as a Piping Designer (PDMS/3D) preferred.
Key Skills and Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Ability to configure project specific customizations using Programmable Macro Language (PML)
- Pro-active and team player
- Good problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Conversant with Microsoft office applications
15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.