Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wash Field Engineer
Job Ref Code: WFR81119
Reports To: Infrastructure Team Leader
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- The WASH Field Engineer will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH/Shelter Infrastructure Team Lead, accountable for professional technical contribution to water supply and construction project activities within the framework of the Northeast emergency response program.
Project Design and Implementation:
- Work with WASH/Shelter Team Lead to develop detailed, site-specific work plan to ensure adequate technical oversight of WASH interventions at the field-level
- Carry out field-level technical assessments and data analysis
- Supervise field-level WASH infrastructure works related to the project (e.g. supervision of contractors and suppliers)
- Inspect all WASH Infrastructure and provide certification reports
- Coordinate the quality component of the sites that are being supervised
- Contribute to the development of Bills of Quantities (BoQs), technical drawings, and tender documents
- Work closely with foremen and to provide technical expertise (e.g. mentoring, monitoring, water quality, construction, assessments) related to the planned infrastructure works carried out at each site
- Support foremen to utilize simple infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists).
- Support in trainings for ‘Community WASH Focal Points’ on WASH infrastructure monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Report the daily progress of works to Team Lead.
- Ensure that all WASH infrastructure data within the staff’s portfolio of sites is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Submit regular reports related to the project’s WASH infrastructure to team lead.
- Security management responsibilities
- Responsible of the day-to-day security management as it relates to program implementation.
- Abide by the security procedures and policies and report any breaches.
- Participate in personal safety training as required.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Technology, Hydrogeology or equivalent field experience. Professional license is a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in water supply and sanitation project supervision, or construction management, with a balanced awareness of how to effectively manage contractors’ performance, preference for work within humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of Sphere standards as relates to water supply and sanitation standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook Access).
- Proficiency with engineering designs/mapping software applications (AutoCAD, QGIS, ArcGIS).
- Good English language skills (verbal and written)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where network may be limited.
- Effective inter-personal skills, consensus-building.
- Planning and organization skills and analytical approach
- Demonstrated experience of integrity and professionalism
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Good time management skills with ability to multitask
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Hausa and Kanuri languages are added advantage
14th November, 2019; (COB, 5:00pm),
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application application (e.g. Wash Field Engineer, WFR81119) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’