We are an independent company with significant interest in the Oil and Gas industry. As a result of expansions, we seek to engage the services of highly intelligent, experienced and self-driven individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Operations Engineer
Qualifications & Skills
- Carrying out Well Design, which includes casing design and selection, drill fluids and well control, using the appropriate well engineering design software. Preparing the drilling and completion programs, and obtaining approvals from relevant Authorities.
- Monitoring the progress of drilling and completion operations, and reporting critical issues to Management.
- Implementing change control procedures to ensure that changes to procedures, either planned or unplanned, have the necessary level of Technical Authority approval. Conducting a periodic review of Well Engineering Policies and Standards, Procedures and Guidelines, in line with International Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or any other relevant Engineering field (But equivalent qualifications and relevant experience can override this).
- Relevant post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of Well Designs, Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and practices.
- Conversant with use of all Drilling Engineering Software within Engineers Desktop (EDT), including Compass, Well Plan, Stress Check and Casing Seat. Ability to handle the pressures of working in a dynamic and result oriented environment.
- Strong leadership, people management and communication skills.
- Stakeholder Management skills.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Oil and Gas Industry, mainly in Drilling, Well Site Completion and Testing Operations, with a minimum of 5 years as an Operations Drilling Engineer.
- Proven track record handling Well Design, Wellbore Construction, Drilling Rigs and Fluids, and Well Control, with a good understanding of Geology.
- Demonstrable understanding of all financial aspects of Drilling Operations, including budgeting, cost forecasting and estimation of service Company Contract values.
- Handling critical assignments with tangible success.
Application Closing Date
- This position comes with high rewards and benefits commensurate with international remunerations.
26th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in Microsoft Word) with Full Name, detailing contact Telephone Numbers, e-mail address and scanned Passport Photograph to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
All applications will be treated in confidence and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.