The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GF Finance & Compliance Lead
Unit: Finance and Compliance Unit
Supervisor: SA to the DG on GF Project and TA Finance Management Consultant
Duration of contract: 13 months
- The role is responsible for the leadership of the finance team for the grant. Reporting to SA GF and TA Finance Management Consultant this role will manage and lead the development, implementation and review best practice finance policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure accuracy of work plan and budget submitted by NACA and oversee monitoring of all budgets on a continuous basis;
- Ensure the safe custody of NACA/GF assets, individual staff files, bank accounts and others related documents;
- Ensure the Fixed asset register is up to date and regularly updated on a continuous basis.
- Supervise the NACA Finance Officers on the following duties:
- Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, financial transactions data into SAP (computerized accounting software);
- Keeping accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are in consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assets management, including effective management of foreign exchange exposure.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Any other duties assigned to finance officers
- Provide quality control checks on the SAP accounting software entries to ensuring that valid input data are entered into the accounting system, and all financial transactions are appropriately processed, using the correct accounting codes (project, activity and donor);
- Ensuring that PUDRs are discussed collectively with the different functions (program management, PSM, M&E, finance) to ensure quality analysis of the issues and identification of appropriate solutions, ensuring that this is captured in the PUDR, and double checking the PUDRs in collaboration with the GF Coordinator to ensure accuracy and quality reporting before forwarding to Global Fund;
- Prepare all finance related periodic analysis and reports as required under the Global Fund grant, ensuring they are of high quality standard satisfactory to the Global Fund;
- Prepare the quarterly cash balance and finance reports and the annual Tax report;
- Initiate and provide support to annual grant audits;
- Full participation in monthly, quarterly and annual review and planning processes for the Global Fund programme;
- Continuous support to the strategic development of the programme.
- Periodically visit SRs and provide training and TA in the areas of Finance and Grant Management.
- Ensure SRs have clear work plans and budgets;
- Ensure SR Finance Managers are trained on grant compliance issues to ensure compliance with NACA and GF requirements;
- Guide and support sub recipients’ accountants and other staff to ensure GF financial management standards are upheld. Arrange additional training/capacity building for SRs as required;
- Support grants team to analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Effectively monitor the budgetary flexibilities in line with the Global Fund Guidelines.
- GF PUDRs and Dashboards prepared according to guidelines and presented as at when due.
- Enhanced Financial Report on GF activities with significant reduction in reportable issues from external audits and LFA/TGF reviews.
- Quarterly update on actions taken to address outstanding issues in management letters of the PR.
- Comprehensive report on quarterly review of SRs; and Monthly Progress reports on outstanding findings, if any, at the SR level.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- ICAN or equivalent degree CA, CPA, ACCA,CISA,CFE) is added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Effectiveness in training and coaching finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure highest standards are maintained
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- A good knowledge of public health issues in Nigeria and a knowledge of policies and processes of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria combined with a good understanding of the programmatic issues linked to fight against Aids.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
- Preferably at least 3 years’ experience working with donor funded projects.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to work with multi-sectoral teams and produce positive results.
15th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
Click here for more information