The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NACA GF Project Coordinator/ Special Assistant to the DG on Global Fund
Supervisor: Director General
Duration of contract: 13 months
- The GF project Coordinator/Special Assistant to the DG on Global Fund will provide overall technical and managerial leadership to the NACA GF Project Management Unit (PMU) for grant implementation and coordination.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring that grant goals and objectives are aligned with national policies, strategic plans and systems.
- S/He will provide strategic leadership to the PMU, interfacing directly with the Global Fund Country Team, technical partners including the USG, UN System and others with relevance to grant goal and objectives.
- S/He will maintain good working relationships with other relevant Government institutions and its officials, local and international partners.
- S/He will ensure that planned activities are implemented on schedule and meets technical requirements of the country and the Global Fund.
- Technical and managerial oversight of the NACA GF grant and Project Implementation Unit (PMU).
- Serve as a liaison between the PMU and NACA Management.
- Provide leadership to the PMU and coordinate grant making processes, ensuring high quality implementation plans and related planning/management tools are developed and submitted on schedule
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the PMU and coordinate proposal development in response to RFPs in liaison with the national programme and ensure that outputs are of high quality
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports to NACA management, the CCM and the Global Fund on schedule, using appropriate templates as applicable, with respect to the grant performance and progress.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including grant agreements, approved work plan and performance framework, Project Implementation Plan (PIP), grant reporting schedules, grant application deadlines, and other information that may be needed.
- Oversee the final approved work plan and budget
- Monitor documentation related to grant-funded programs and coordinate timely knowledge sharing with other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Research best and emerging grant development and management practices and ensure capacity building of PMU team members in relevant areas.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national grant-related activities and provide technical support.
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in strict compliance with Global Fund and NACA financial guidelines
- Track project and activity results against those planned.
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality and high-performance work teams.
Application Closing Date
- Medical or Advance degree in Public Health
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in development field, program implementations preferably public health
- Good knowledge and experience working on donor funded public health project (preferably Global Fund) at a country scale
- In-depth understanding of the Global Fund and its operational principles and guidelines
- In-depth understanding of Global Fund grant management architecture
- In-depth understanding of NACA’s departments and their functions
- Experience leading teams delivering results
- Demonstrable Experience working with Government Ministry, Department and Agencies at both Federal and state level respectively
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Effective relation building capability in order to maintain good relation with all departments and its staff, management, associates and funders
- Result-oriented, focused, highly skilled in writing, planning and strategizing
- Proficient with computer skills.
15th Novemeber, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Click Here For More Information