CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaint Feedback & Protection Assistant
Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru - Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Complaint Feedback & Protection Officer
Responsibilities and Tasks
- This position will mainly assist in strengthening the accountability system in the organization especially the distribution activities going on in the Northeast including managing day to day accountability feedback that includes handling of complaints and compliments as received from a range of stakeholders such as program participants; he/she will also support the other CARE cash based intervention projects.
- Ensure complaints are recorded carefully during CARE activities and submitted on time.
- Provide training to community volunteers on best practices during program implementation.
- Provide support to maintain high quality program inputs and outputs in the Protection / GBV in program implementation
- Provide support to new program development, including assistance in conducting assessments, etc.
- Assist program Officer to ensure that all programs are gender-sensitive
- Collect data and figures from field team and compile and submit monthly quarterly and annual reports of ongoing projects.
- Supervise GBV and protection related field activities (Current & future) under the directions of Gender & Protection Manager.
- Assign tasks & duties to Protection / GBV field staff regarding monthly work plans.
- Manage and assist in implementation of work plans for GBV and protection related activities in coordination with the Gender and protection Officer.
- Ensure proper documentation of Protection / GBV activities.
- Prepare reports on GBV/Protection activities.
- Attend any meeting / training / workshop / conference as suggested by the Supervisor/manager.
- Contribute practically and by bringing new ideas for improvement of service delivery at field.
- Contacting program participants and stakeholders to collect feedback on project activities.
- Help with field data entry and management of database on complaints response mechanism.
- Timely feedback to program teams in the field on complaints and concerns raised by communities on project activities.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences and other related documents for quick and easy reference.
- Send recommendations and practical procedures for reviewing and resolving complaints to the management.
- Communicate and disseminate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to program participants, project staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to all CARE and donor policies as well as program procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as will be assigned.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Post graduate degree in a related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Nutrition, Biology, Public Health, Nursing or food aid support.
- A good experience in supervision is required.
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Commitment to CARE’s Core Values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence and Equality
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
Application Closing Date
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the "Position" being applied for and the "Location" (in Caps e.g. Complaint Feedback & Protection Assistant – Yunusari) to: [email protected]
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.