CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SCOPE/IT Assistant
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Information Technology Officer
- The SCOPE / IT Assistant will provide computer and technology support for the organization and users. He/she will manage SCOPE processes, Computer installation and maintenance, Network management, VSAT tracking and diagnostics, User access management.
Qualifications / Experience
- Maintain IT systems during the WFP SCOPE registration/verification.
- Support WFP SCOPE Registrars during Food distribution activities in the LGAs (Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru) Yobe state.
- Manage all WFP SCOPE IT related issues in the LGAs.
- Maintain IT systems and technologies including Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, VSAT and Inverter systems in coordination with IT officer.
- Maintain IT devices and equipment like Laptops, Desktops, touchpads, phones, printers, scanners, NAS, Firewall/Router, Switches, Access Points, Microwave radio links, Biometric scanners and readers, etc.
- Ensure proper operational conditions for IT and communications equipment in all locations
- Ensure appropriate access controls to IT and communications equipment including logging and reporting of breaches and status.
- Support the upgrades of IT solutions and service by monitoring and reporting bandwidth usage rates, recruitment patterns and consumption of IT equipment and services.
- Ensure increased availability of IT services by proactively preventing failures and damage
- Support the process of applying updates and patches of computer system firmware, Operating system and BIOS devices as well as Printer firmware and network devices
- Issue IT assets to users as requested by Project managers
- Support new user on-boarding and CARE IT Orientation process for new users and also periodically for existing staff members
- Support users with CARE-ID account creation and registration process, account reset and validation.
- Support users with office productivity tools and promote collaboration and team’s management tools
- Provide Training and orientation on account and device security as well as Responsible usage policy
- Retrieve all IT assets from users while abiding by applicable policies and procedures
- Maintain an up-to-date detailed inventory of IT assets by user, location, etc
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Graduate degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences or related discipline (B.Sc, HND)
- Master’s degree in computer technology or related field is an advantage
- Professional certification in Networking, User administration or membership of professional association is an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years’ post-graduate professional experience spanning Networking, User Administration, VSAT technologies and Office productivity tools
- Strong knowledge and capacity in VSAT technology and signal tracking
- Proficient in office productivity tools; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Excellent networking abilities; TCP/IP, Firewall, Access point, etc
- HTML, PHP, MySQL programming is an added advantage
- Proficient in Intranet technologies; Microsoft SharePoint
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent organizational, and research skills.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
Application Closing Date
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the "Position" being applied for and the "Location" (in Caps e.g. SCOPE/IT Assistant – Gashua) to: [email protected]
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.