CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Technical Officer
Yunusari & Nguru - Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager
- The Infrastructure Officer will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of Cash for Work, Cash transfers and Food for Assets component of WFP livelihood project in Yobe/ Borno states.
- She/he will be responsible for managing the infrastructure and community assets construction component effectively and efficiently according to CARE and WFP systems and procedures.
- Responsibility - Management of the cash and social infrastructure component according to contractual requirements, operating priorities:
- Develop work plan in collaboration with project team members according to the proposal
- Make sure that specific project components are implemented according to contractual requirements, both in relation to project implementation and financial management
- Conduct periodic assessments to ensure project implementation is happening according to the agreed upon work plans and budgets
- Liaise closely with other agencies working in the same geographic regions and/or sectors to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
Responsibility - Program quality of the project is ensured during each phase of the project implementation process:
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with field teams and stakeholders to ensure quality is maintained and address any problems
- Prepare BoQ and necessary documents for infrastructure development/ rehabilitation component
- Make sure field teams collect relevant information on outputs, outcomes and impact, in both qualitative and quantitative form, based on reporting formats.
Responsibility - Provide technical inputs/ Trainings:
- Provide technical input on construction/ renovation and rehabilitation of social infrastructures under cash component and develop work procedures to the beneficiaries
- Conduct technical trainings to the beneficiaries to implement cash transfer component
- Visit field locations frequently to monitor infrastructure development activities of the beneficiaries
- Provide training on Cash for Work/ Food for Assets process and procedures
- Basic University Degree/ Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Construction
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the development or humanitarian sector particularly construction/ shelter projects
- Training skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa/ Kanuri
- Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Understanding of political dynamics, foreign policy decision making procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
- Excellent training skills
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the "Position" being applied for and the "Location" (in Caps e.g. Infrastructure Technical Officer – Yunusari) to: [email protected]
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.