The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health Is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, YIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Duration of Contract: 12 months (January - December 2020)
Reporting to: STBLCP/GMU
Specific objectives and Duties
Experience and Qualifications
- To ensure timely and accurate entry of project data
- Perform daily data cleaning and quality control checks
- To ensure neat and accurate filing of data forms
- Ensure accurate and efficient fracking of forms
- Resolve data queries raised with relevant stakeholders
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access patient-identifiable information,
- Search for testing results within the National Health Laboratory Services online web portal.
- Assist in meeting reporting deadlines for the donor.
- Assist with other project related tasks if required.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties as required
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of National Diploma in Statistic, Mathematics, Computer Science and other related discipline.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility across a range of field arid office misted tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in steam.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Previous employment as a Data Capturer highly preferred
- Experience working with, TB screening or other health programs
- Knowledge of TB and HIV
- Experience with a non-governmental organization wit been added advantage.
11:59PM; 28th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (not more than one page) and CV as a single document to: [email protected]
using the Job Position and Full name as subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next statge of the selection.