The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health Is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, YIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Duration of Contract: 12 months (January - December 2020)
Reporting to: STBLCP/GMU
Specific Objectives and Duties
Experience and Qualifications
- Provide reliable and secure driving services to the Lagos State Ministry of Health as required.
- Ensure cost savings through, amongst others proper use and timely maintenance of daily van logs. Ensure properday-4o- day maintenance of the assigned X-ray van
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well carried out
- At all times, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Learn and comply with all security requirements, when driving and using the X-ray van
- Ensure that all immediate measures required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents Support the LSMOH by providing administrative and clerical support as requested including in preparing copying collating binding filling and distributing documents, mail and notifications as instructed Provide logistics and administrative support during activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Application Closing Date
- Secondary Education, relevant trade test, and valid driver’s license (Class B or E).
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as driver
- Sound knowledge of the federal republic of Nigeria driving requirements
- Must be registered with the Lagos State Drivers institute.
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out minor vehicle repairs when necessary Must be able to communicate in English Language
- Have-an appreciable understanding of the Lagos roads and the terrain.
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage
11:59PM; 28th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (not more than one page) and CV as a single document to: [email protected]
using the Job Position and Full name as subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next statge of the selection.