Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Admin Assistant - YPA
FCT-Abuja, FC, NG
- To provide administrative, office and logistics support to the Youth Peace Academy (YPA) project and in line with policies of Plan International.
Dimension of Role:
- The role will contribute to effective implementation of the project by handling logistics arrangements for project implementation, correspondences and communications as assigned.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Be responsible for administrative duties and needs of the project including coordination of purchase requests; filling of records of activities and project documents; sending, receiving and distributing documents.
- Support the project, in liaison with the CO admin unit, with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Support the Project Coordinator in the organisation of meetings and special events.
- Work in concert with the Country Programme’s Communications Advisor and the Project Officer on documentation of the actions of the project.
- Collate and maintain a record of relevant vendors as has been approved by the Admin unit of the Country Office.
- Collate and maintain a record of relevant consultants and specialists as has been identified by the project team and liaise with the Admin unit of the Country Office on the onboarding of same.
- Ensure that the project maintains a record of relevant venues, clinics and safeguarding facilities at all project’s locations.
- Responsible for purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Liaise with the Admin unit for posting good receipt in SAP supported by a delivery note
- Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties for the office as assigned by Project Coordinator.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- BSc in Administrative studies or any other related field.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- University education and over 2 years of experience in administrative and project support.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Active interest in youth engagement, mobilisation and organising.
Skills and Knowledge:
Application Closing Date
- Basic financial and administrative skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa language preferred but not required.
27th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online