United Kingdom Education Advisory Services (UKEAS), is an education consultancy committed to ensuring that in all our offices FREE expert advice is given by highly trained counsellors on any aspect of British education. We provide counselling and application services for international students wanting to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Founded in Taiwan in 1993, we have helped tens of thousands of students to achieve their goal of study in the UK.
We are recruiting on behalf of the Newcastle University to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Officer - Nigeria
- Working as part of a regional team for Newcastle University, you will provide support in the planning and organization of student recruitment activity and relationship management.
- The post will support all aspects of the delivery of the University’s Global Strategy, by providing excellent customer relationship management and administrative support relating to student recruitment and admission.
- The role will have a particular focus on sponsor,school and collegeliaison in order to meet international recruitment targets and raise the University’s profile within Nigeria. The role will also provide support to applicants and their advisers through the admissions process by providing advice on application processes, scholarships, entry requirements as well as living and studying at Newcastle University.
- Organisation of and attendance at student recruitment exhibitions throughout Nigeria
- Support for a network of agents in Nigeria; answering agents’ enquiries (e.g. entry requirements, scholarships, application enquiries etc.)
- Assist with the conversion of applicationsfrom lead to the point of registration
- Support processing of applications quickly and efficiently
- Support the development of social media and digital engagement in Nigeria including web and social media platforms
- Support the implementation of processes and systems around Nigerian student recruitment and international relations and partnerships.
- Undertake market research, data analysis and reporting to provide high quality market intelligence in support of international objectives
- Support for the development of the alumni network and alumni activities in Nigeria
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with Nigerian institutions, agents and other strategic international partners, with the aim of achieving strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff in academic and professional service units involved in international activities
- Co-ordinate and participate in international visits to campus and support with the organisation of outgoing visits to Nigeria.
- Any other duties as directed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability for information management and data analysis
- Team player, able to initiate, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise, handle a complex workload and be self-reliant
- Evidence of commercial competence
- A high-level of organization and administrative competence
- Evidence of delivery in a customer-focused environment
- Results orientated
- Willing to travel extensively
- Trustworthy and reliable at all times
Applicants must meet the following Essential requirements:
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level,
- UK educated
- Relevant work experience in working in an international student recruitment and marketing environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The following would be Desirable:
Application Closing Date
- Newcastle University graduate
29th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the documents below as one pdf attachment (not separated) via email to: hr-[email protected]
Applicants must submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- 500 word personal statement detailing suitability for the position and future career plans
- Copy of Bachelor degree certificate