Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AVR Facilitator
Slot: 7 Openings
Contract type: National contract
- Direct operational implementation of AVR activities in the DRC/DDG areas of operation (community safety planning, conflict management education, dialogue facilitation, youth engagement)
- Assist the AVR Officers in facilitating AVR activities (e.g. community safety planning, conflict mediation, dialogue facilitation, youth engagement) as required after extensive training.
- Assess community needs and establish priorities in cooperation with all stakeholders at the local level in coordination with AVR unit management.
- Assist in the undertaking of conflict analysis of the targeted communities.
- Undertake Focus Group Discussions with targeted segment of the communities of the assigned location when needed.
Liaison with project stakeholders:
- Establish a wide information network including authorities, security services, communities, NGOs, and other possible sources of information.
- Serve as a focal point and link between DDG and local representatives at different levels, in assigned areas of responsibility and advocate for the project in the target locations.
- Liaise with local community leaders, civil society groups and local authorities about the implementation and prioritization of community needs with the elected task forces respectively in maintaining point of contacts with all target communities (i.e. community rapport maintenance).
- Organize and facilitate monthly community meetings in briefing project implementation status and mitigating potential conflicts.
- Cooperate and coordinate closely with other DRC/DDG field staff to ensure programmatic synergies and complementarity.
- Regularly report to and update the AVR Officer/Supervisor on all issues relating to activities within target communities on a daily basis to include a situation report and suggestions to adjust activities for increased effectiveness.
- Ensure all information collected is accurately recorded and respond to high quality standards.
- Ensure standard reporting formats are filled and submitted in a timely fashion (daily activity records, weekly summary).
- Contribute to the weekly and monthly report as required and attend weekly planning and coordination meetings.
- Contribute to the management of staff safety and security by adhering to established safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and following the guidance of the Country Safety Advisor/local safety FP.
- Any other duties as directed by AVR Officer/Supervisor.
- Experience in community mobilization, facilitation of workshops or other participative activities (focus groups, mediation processes, etc.) necessary.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of local communities; actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred.
- Fluency in local language and English language speaking, reading and writing.
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities.
- Previous experience working with youth and women programming
- Previous experience working for an international or national NGO/civil society organization
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Willing and able to work for long hours when requested
- Creative and willing to learn new things
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook)
- University Degree in Social Science or tertiary education in any other relevant field will be a preferred
- Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Able to communicate in spoken English.
- Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
24th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.