The Construction Skills Training and Empowerment Project (C-STEMP) was conceived and established by J. Hausen ltd., a real estate development firm, under the auspices of the Real Estate Developers Association (REDAN), based on the experience of severe shortage of skilled manpower constraining its operations and that of other developers and building contractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Consultant/MD
Supervises: All strategic business units, shared services, md’s executive asistant
- As Chief Operating Officer, you will have the primary responsibility for leading the day-to-day operations of the organization, providing inspiration, technical and operational support to all units within the organization.
The COO reports to the Company's Chief Executive Officer ("CEO"). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, primary responsibilities of the COO are to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization
- In collaboration with the Executive Consultant, Project Coordinators, Finance Manager and HR and Admin Manager, drive the implementation of the organization’s interim management plan
- Assist the Executive Consultant in ensuring the attainment of the organization’s interim management objectives
- Keep the Executive Consultant fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the organization and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board
- With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development
- Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the Company and oversee compliance with those practices
- Be available to brief the Executive Consultant and/or MD on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the Board
- Attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging their duties
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, excellence, team work and encourages individual integrity
- Maintain a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the Company's business within operations (proposals, projects and staffing)
- Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the COO position and other key executives of the Company reporting to the COO
- Evaluate the performance of senior executives of the Company reporting to the COO and
- Perform other functions related to the office of the COO or as may be requested by the CEO or the Board
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- You are visionary with a genuine love for people. You understand Nigeria’s developmental challenges and have worked with others to drive impactful interventions.
- You are looking for an opportunity to drive organizational and social change.
- You possess the emotional maturity and requisite leadership skills to inspire and manage a diverse group of people. You are comfortable speaking in public, and meeting with high-level stakeholders to further agreed goals. You are dogged and result-oriented.
Application Closing Date
- 6 years cognate experience in a management role, leading a large, diverse group of people, managing several projects simultaneously
- A proven track record of excellence, growth and impact
- Knowledge of global and continental development issues as relates to youth employment and experience managing large-scale interventions are a key advantage
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage people and resources
- Ability to plan and execute strategy
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Emotional intelligence and maturity, strong people skills
- Computer literate and effective use of office productivity tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to make public presentations; excellent oral and written communication skills
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
with subject "COO Application".