The Construction Skills Training and Empowerment Project (C-STEMP) was conceived and established by J. Hausen ltd., a real estate development firm, under the auspices of the Real Estate Developers Association (REDAN), based on the experience of severe shortage of skilled manpower constraining its operations and that of other developers and building contractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Hr/Admin Officers and Support Staff
- You are passionate about people.
- You are strategic and have the technical experience required to design and deploy tools that drive efficiency and operational excellence.
- You are emotionally intelligent and possess the maturity and commitment to manage a diverse group of people.
- You are articulate, well turned out, assertive and possess strong leadership skills.
- You can work without supervision, are focused on results and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
- The HR and Admin Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of CSTEMP’s goals.
- The individual who will play this role will be responsible for driving the design, development and ongoing implementation of policies that will ensure the efficient and sustainable running of the organization, its strategic business units, projects and initiatives.
- As HR and Admin Manager, you will be tasked with the responsibility of designing frameworks to help the organization attain its vision.
- You will also be responsible for developing talent recruitment, retention and succession strategies; and creating an enabling work environment - one that fosters ownership, collaboration and instills a strong sense of pride in CSTEMP’s employees and stakeholders.
- Beyond day-to day management of the HR and Admin unit, you will serve as a go-between senior management and the rest of the organization.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Develop the organization’s talent management strategy and manage its implementation
- Anticipate the organization’s recruitment needs and maintain a steady pipeline of competent talent
- Create an effective onboarding and immersion program for the organization
- Drive the recruitment, selection and onboarding of new staff
- Design and manage the implementation of training and capacity building programs
- Design and administer compensation and benefits, performance management, safety and recreation programs
- Ensure the organization’s compliance to Nigeria’s labour laws
- Advise senior management on emerging issues in human resources such as diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity/pay, women issues, harassment etc. and recommend improvement areas
- Manage periodic performance reviews of all staff
- Maintain detailed records; prepare and present monthly/other periodic reports for the unit
- Work with the IT unit to articulate and automate key HR and Admin processes
- Oversee facility and ensure strict compliance to health and safety protocols
- Oversee company-wide document management processes
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience handling management-level responsibilities in non-profit, development or professional services sectors
- Track record of developing and implementing people-centered policies with measurable outcomes
- Deep knowledge of HR global best practices
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse, cross/multi-functional teams
- Ability to work leverage and exploit technology /productivity tools such as MS office, productivity apps and software
- Ability to read, write and speak effectively.
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
with subject "HRA Application".