The Construction Skills Training and Empowerment Project (C-STEMP), was conceived and established by J. Hausen ltd., a real estate development firm, under the auspices of the Real Estate Developers Association (REDAN), based on the experience of severe shortage of skilled manpower constraining its operations and that of other developers and building contractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Finance Officers and Support Staff
- You are a professional. You have a natural affinity for numbers and can think strategically about financial issues.
- You have a deep knowledge of global financial reporting standards and have worked in organizations where its principles are practiced.
- You work with a sense of urgency and understand how your unit drives overall organizational efficiency.
- You can work without supervision, are focused on results and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
- The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial management and accountability requirements of the organization.
- This position will drive the organization’s financial planning activities, assure the contractual integrity of all agreements entered into, work with HR and Admin to manage procurement, keep detailed records of revenue and expenditure and prepare and present financial reports.
- The Finance Manager will provide technical assistance to all strategic business units as well as senior management in developing and implementing financial procedures to ensure compliance to relevant regulations and the sustainability of the organization.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Prepare budgets, cash flow forecasts, income statements, balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other financial documents as required
- Review the organization’s accounting processes and recommend improvements where necessary
- Keep scrupulous records of inflows and expenditure, ensuring accuracy and completeness at all times
- Ensure professional cash management of local bank accounts
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels
- Process payroll, remit tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies where necessary
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment of invoices
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Manage disbursement of petty cash and project funds to Project Coordinators or their assigned representatives
- Ensure timely payment to all company payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files
- Prepare and present monthly/Quarterly/Annual financial reports for the company, containing budget to actual expenditure information.
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, inventory lists, etc.
- Liaise with HR and Admin to manage all procurement for the organization
- Prepare and submits reports and filings in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Conduct internal audit of accounts working closely with Project Coordinators
- Work with External Auditors and Tax consultants to audit the organizations accounts
- Provide technical assistance to Project Coordinators for budget preparation, implementation, control and review purposes.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the COO and MD.
Application Closing Date
- A background in Accounting, Banking and Finance or Economics is a requirement for this role
- 4 years cognate experience in a management role with track record of handling multiple accounts and a sizeable budget
- Must possess relevant certifications and belong to relevant professional associations
- Knowledge of Peachtree/QuickBooks/Sage multi-currency accounting software
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision and manage people and resources
- Computer literate and intermediate use of office productivity tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
with subject "FM Application".