Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Compliance
Job Type: Full time
- To be responsible for oversight and management of compliance issues within the Bank and ensure the Bank and its employees complies with internal policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements.
- Develop an AML/CFT Compliance Program.
- Ensure Compliance requirements are integrated in the day to day activities of the bank and that processes are efficient and in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Ensure implementation of the bank’s AML/CFT compliance program.
- Ensure the implementation of Board decisions on Compliance matters.
- Receive and vet suspicious transaction reports from the staff.
- Ensure filing of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs), Currency Transaction and Foreign Transaction Reports (CTRs & FTRs) and returns on Terrorism immediately with the NFIU.
- File other regulatory and statutory returns to the CBN and other regulators.
- Render “nil” reports (where necessary) to ensure compliance.
- Co-ordinate the regular training of staff in AML/CFT awareness, detection of suspicious transactions methods and reporting requirements.
- Serve both as a liaison officer with the CBN and NFIU, and a point of contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Ensure that regulatory changes are effectively implemented by the Bank
- Co-ordinate and oversee the activities of the Compliance Resource Officers
Application Closing Date
- University Degree in Business Administration, Law or any related course
- Masters and/or Professional certification such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Cognate experience
- Ability to analyse the impact of monetary and fiscal policies, trade policies/pacts on the financial service industry
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Risk Assessment and reporting
- Good understanding of Laws and Regulations on anti-money laundering in Nigeria and globally
- Good understanding of Rules and Regulations applicable to the banking industry.
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online