Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Hire - Risk Advisory, Data Analytics
Job Type: Full-time
About the Role
Successful candidates will work alongside specialists, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients’ most data intensive challenges using well established as well as cutting edge technologies. The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. You are expected to contribute to the development of analytical or data modelling services to our clients’ internal stakeholders and external clients. In addition, your role will involve:
- Providing data analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, Python, Power BI to deliver meaningful insights by supporting all phases from development to implementation
- Development and delivery of innovative analytics solutions to support external clients’ requirements and the changing data landscape
- Working with audit teams to integrate analytics more deeply into the external audit approach, and with our clients to embed analytics into their business and culture
- Contributing to the team’s and Deloitte’s thought leadership and strategy in Risk Advisory
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our clients’ organisations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contributions
Depending on your level of experience, you may also be required to:
- Lead the delivery of analytical work leading a team/(s) of colleagues
- Scope the delivery of analytical projects and work closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Guide the review and analysis of large and disparate data sets and report back to clients and stakeholders on identified issues and anomalies
- Check the quality and accuracy of your team’s work and address risks as they arise
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency
- Leverage your skills and experience to identify and propose the development of new solutions to client problems
- Contribute to the firm’s talent agenda, manage and work effectively in diverse teams, and help to foster an inclusive culture
- Support the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to or develop proposals and propositions for internal or external clients
- Bachelor's degree/HND holder with a minimum of second class upper degree/upper credit
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- At least 3 to 5 years’ cognate work experience
- Relevant certifications such as CISA will also be an added advantage
- Recent hands on experience in SQL to at least intermediate level and significant experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data loading and BI/ETL solutions (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data analysis and modelling using standard tools (R, Python, RapidMiner)
- Big Data Processing (e.g. using Hadoop/Hive, PySpark)
- Experience in reporting and data visualisation using specialist tools (Power BI, Qlikview/sense, Tableau)
- Experience of working on complex data driven, analytical, data visualisation or modelling projects
- Strong scripting skills in Python or R
- Experience in applying statistical/predictive modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression, clustering, decision trees) to develop solutions to client problems
- Track record of defining and delivering insightful analytical dashboards
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your work by performing tests and preparing quality control documentation
- Track record of working with clients and building great relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a ‘Big 4’ will be an added advantage
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
29th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online