WootLab is a global network of technology leaders committed to advancing Africa’s digital economy by investing in talented people who can realize their full potentials and building Africa’s next crop of digital technology talents. We aid companies to build high performing engineering teams who are inspired by their work and have the relevant skills to succeed in a fast-paced technology focused environment. WootLab is focused on solving the global talent shortage while accelerating the growth of the tech ecosystem across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- We are building a formidable team of Software Developers and we are on the lookout for critical thinkers who are passionate about exciting projects in Software Development, to join our team
- In this role, they will be responsible for providing technical support to both internal and external clients of Wootlab as well as ensuring that the Company's solutions are continually innovated to offer the best level of service to its clients.
Other responsibilities include:
Skills & Requirements
- Provide application and administrative support for solutions that are in live production by systems upgrade and bug resolution.
- Develop and manage software application development on required platforms (Linux, Windows, PHP, Java, C#, SQL, MySQL, HTML, Web, Desktop and Mobile device) with state of the art secure frameworks - OS, networks.
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements as well as process designs and training documentations.
- Collaborate with other programmers to design and implement features.
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Extensive technical problem-solving abilities with capacity systems integrations, customizations and configurations
- Experience delivering public-cloud based application architectures and solutions.
Extensive programming experience with at least one of the following languages:
Application Closing Date
- Proficiency in modern databases with experience in both SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Possess a deep understanding of database performance.
- Passionate about best practices in software engineering
- Experience in web application development - from solid API design and development to seamless web page implementation.
- Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Advocate of automated testing and Test-Driven Development
- Strong UI engineering skills and proficiency in at least of React, Vue or Angular
- DevOps skill, understanding of the build pipeline and Ability to use Docker, Anisible
- Understanding of AWS architecture Elastic Compute cloud and ability to setup VPC and Auto Scaling cloud architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in any field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online