KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a reputable Electricity Distribution company in Nigeria with interest and focus on customer satisfaction through strategic planning and execution seeks to recruit confident and well experienced individuals with requisite skills, experience and exposure to fill the role of:
Job Title: Managing Director
Detailed Job Description
- Reporting to the Board, the Managing Director will be saddled with the responsibility of providing leadership and overseeing in the company's operations to ensure distribution efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- The ideal candidate will be dynamic and experienced professional who can provide strategic leadership in developing initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Provide professional advice to the Board of Directors on current and future financial conditions and business needs
- Develop and implement a growth focused strategy whilst improving systems and processes and creating operational efficiency.
- Ensure the execution of day-to-day strategic / operational activities in line with the directives of the Board in order to secure maximum profitability
- Identify and prioritize issues/opportunities on an on-going basis and recommend strategies to the Board to drive shareholder value and the overall financial position of the company.
- Direct growth across the business with a focus on maintaining commercial returns and ensuring that future markets are developed and resourced.
- Champion shaping and maintaining the relationship with the Regulators/Regulating bodies
- Ensure statutory, regulatory and stakeholder obligations are met and minimize risk to the business and its stakeholders.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Provide authoritative advice on relevant regulatory/legal laws and actively promote legal and regulatory compliance requirements
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- You will need to be a visionary leader with experience in strategic planning and execution, strong commercial acumen and the gravitas to develop profitable relationships, ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources, strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage a high-performing organisation
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or any related field,
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced Degree in a relevant energy - related program will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 25 years post qualification experience with significant experience in an energy related company
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership role for a large organisation.
3rd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online