The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Support -DTM CFCV2019.134
Job Grade: Hourly
Duration of Assignment: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistants, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking (ETT, MT, BR). S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to.
- Provide administrative support to the field offices, prepare purchase requests, payrolls and requests for payment.
- Provide Staff payroll support for the hourly staff each month
- Support the contract renewal process and maintain field staff contracts/for the department.
- Ensure proper documentation and filling of the project administrative and financial documents and data collection forms.
- Assist in follow up on coordination, planning and implementation of field missions, trainings, meetings, presentations and conferences. Prepare travel authorizations, security clearances, etc.
- Support in facilitating trainings to partners and field staff on the DTM methodology and reporting tool. Draft trainings' note for files (NFF) and meeting's report
- Maintain an inventory database and assist in monitoring and maintaining a tracking system for all procurement and logistics requests.
- Work with the Program Assistant to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed;
- Assist with data entry when necessary and undertake duty travel to support project activities when required.
- Perform any other duties that might be assigned.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Diploma / University degree in Public and Business Administration, Human Resources Management or other related fields
- Minimum of one-year experience in humanitarian or development field
- Work experience in facilitation or mentoring activities relevant to humanitarian or development field especially camp management
- Work experience in displacement issue or camp management is an advantage
- Work experience from an international organization is an advantage
- Good writing, communication and negotiation skills
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages.
1st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: [email protected]
indicating position applied on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019.134 Maiduguri - Admin support (1).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.