Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a multinational Cement Manufacturing giant with assets across the lenght and breath of Nigeria and Africa, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Lifting Supervisor
Job type: Full-time
- Under management of Safety Manager, the site Lifting Supervisor has the primary responsibility to ensure lifting and rigging Safety Standards are implemented on site
- Coach/Train Company and contractor’s site employees regarding Rigging and lifting
- Acts as a change agent
- Aims for zero accident on site and challenge contractors on their practices of lifting and rigging.
- Works in full coordination with the Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Work Coordinators
- Carries out continuous inspection on all safety aspects, especially lifting and rigging
- Reports any incidents timely and accurately, investigate and insure follow-up of remedial actions
- On a day-to-day basis, assures consistence of Permit To Work/Method statements versus work performed
- Controls implementation of safety rules and procedures during lifting activities
- Control and validate contractor’s lifting plan (including Rigging details)
- Continuously and pro-actively inspects the quality of lifting equipment and tools (Cranes, slings, shackles…) together with the contractor
- Participates to the investigation of FI’s, LTI’s, MTI’s and significant events andimplement safety action plans. Personally assist to major lifting activities
- Review and validate PTW on Safety Manager Request.Keep himself informed about ongoing site activities based on PTW log.
- Participates in the internal safety team meetings.
- Professional habilitation regarding Lifting and rigging. Habilitation for driving crane (mobile and/or tower crane)
- Preferably College or University Degree in a Technical field
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or certified IOSH – NEBOSH or equivalent recognized certification is appreciated.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in lifting and rigging supervision in heavy industry construction projects
- Proven project experience preferably in cement and/or similar type of heavy industry / industrial construction related fields
Salary and Benefits
- Good communication skills and ability to stick to principles
- Good ability to work within a team
- Good knowledge regarding Rigging / Lifting technical aspects in construction
- Ability to perform Root Causes Analysis
- Good knowledge of technical aspect of erection/construction
- Good ability in coaching/training
- Some knowledge in local laws and regulations on occupational health & safety
- Necessary computer skills
- Open to diversity and Cultural sensitivity in environment of the project. Good listening, interpersonal, conflict management, convincing and facilitation
Application Closing Date
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online