The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Enumerator
SVN No.: CFCV2019.130
Borno & Adamawa
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
IOM Classification: Hourly Basis
Type of Appointment: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistants, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking (ETT, MT, BR). S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Collect data and provide support to relevant partners on data collection based on the DTM methodology and tools following a pre-established schedule.
- Monitor and evaluate the DTM operations, identifying areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Be responsible for sending the information collected on the field to the Field Operation Assistant on a timely manner and according to the standards and requirement of the DTM program.
- Triangulating collected data based on DTM methodology with relevant partners
- Carrying out rapid registration where needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Certificate / Diploma / Dregree in relevant field
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage
- Experience in data collection and statistic is an advantage
- Minimum of two years for university diploma or a year for degree
- Experience in humanitarian field, NGO, INGO is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibility assigned
- Trusted by the community, with certain maturity in making decisions, widely accepted, respected Possess good leadership skills and ability to explain instructions clearly
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages.
1st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: [email protected]
indicating position applied on subject line.
Click here for more information
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019.130 Various - Borno & Adamawa State - Data Enumerator
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidate to indicate preffered state of deployment.
- Only candidates who are successful with the written test will be invited for the oral interview.