College of Education, Akwanga, Nasarawa State - The Governing Concil of the College of Education, Akwanga, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointments to the position below which will be vacant from 21st November, 2019:
Job Title: College Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- Co-ordinating the financial operations of the College.
- Establishing appropriate internal control system.
- Advising the Provost on financial matters.
- Preparing periodic/annual financial reports of the College.
- Interpreting and installing efficient accounting system.
- Interpreting financial regulations.
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Candidates for the post of the Bursar must possess the following requirements:
Terms of Appointment
- A good Honours Degree, HND or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a recognized Institution of higher learning, plus full registration with a recognized professional accounting body.
- Must possess relevant Master's Degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience. Possession of Doctorate Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have been a Deputy Bursar on CONTEDISS 14.
- Evidence of a continuous mandatory professional development.
Application Closing Date
- The appointment is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- The conditions of service are as obtainable in colleges of educations system.
- The candidate appointed will be entitled to all official approved benefits attached to the office of the Bursar of the colleges of education in Nigeria.
1st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies with up to date CV which must include the following:
- Full name and surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of children including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area. -
- State of Origin
- Current postal address and phone numbers
- Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with date
- Academic and Professional qualification(s) and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present employee status and salary (copy of last promotion letter)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) references, one of whom must be the present employer who are to forward confidential reports on the applicant directly to the Registrar.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelop marked “Post of Bursar” on the top left hand corner addressed to:
College of Education,
P.M.B. 05, Akwanga,
Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documenting evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of their credentials if invited for interview.