Kimberly Ryan Limited is a Human Resources Development Company whose aim is to lead in attracting, developing and retaining superior human capital to create a dramatic business advantage for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Africa
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for deliverables of government projects as well as other economic development projects, including specific outputs and outcomes laid out in the project proposals and MEL plan
- Lead the launch of entrepreneurship training activities and ensure excellence in execution
- Maintain project work plan and ensure timely project implementation
- Ensure project activities are implemented with sound managerial, technical, human resource and overall programmatic practices
- Hold regular team meetings to track implementation progress and share relevant project and administrative data
- Manage and monitor project budget variances to ensure spending rates are on target and realign as required.
- Timely production and sharing of project performance metrics, including quarterly Program Status Reports (PSRs) and Corporate Measurement data
- Proactively identify successful strategies and tactics, or bottlenecks to effective execution of project objectives
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with restrictions and regulations of the country.
- Produce narrative reports for internal and external consumption
- Recruit, hire and retain staff to implement all aspects of the program
- Ensure mid-year and year-end performance evaluations are conducted with all staff.
- Interface with other countries, regional staff, and headquarters staff, as appropriate
- Ensure information is shared and flows transparently within the project, country, regional, practice and headquarters teams
- Potentially lead design of new projects as required, including technical design and preparation of proposals
Project Technical Support:
- Support curriculum development and adaptation of modules for entrepreneurship training and value chain development
- Manage partnerships and collaboration with project partners including NGOs, business development services providers, other private sector actors, and government agenciesOversee monitoring and evaluation activities
- Serve as the legal representative of company in Liberia
- Maintain company’s proper registration in Liberia and ensure that company’s has tax-exempt status where possible and that company is in compliance with all local laws, (e.g., labor, tax, registration)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in Liberia, including relevant government departments, private sector companies, and business associations
- Represent the program and company at internal and external functions
- Understand, respect and promote company’s values, vision and strategy in implementation of assigned duties
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Development, Political Science or another relevant subject area plus 3 years of experience preferred / Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ field and technical experience with entrepreneurship or micro-small and medium enterprise development or working in the government sector required
- Strong project management and financial analysis skills;
- Significant personnel management experience
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability and experience working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues, opportunities and compare data from different sources to draw conclusions and to use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions and take action that is consistent with available facts
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural locations; field-based operations experience preferred
- Language: Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge of applicable Federal government regulations (FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR, OMB)
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables throughout the project cycle from planning, management, and execution to troubleshooting.
- Experience with M&E and program planning, implementation and reporting.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite program, and web-based research tools.
- Strong and demonstrated inter-personal skills, sound judgment, ability to work with diverse teams.
- Proven multi-tasking skills and attention to detail under time-pressure and on short-deadlines.
Application Closing Date
- An advanced degree in international development or related field.
- Demonstrated success with business development, including research, pre-positioning and diversification of funding sources.
- Prior experience working in Africa or on African project(s).
- Demonstrated understanding of political processes, governance and civic participation.
25th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.