The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Biometric Operations Team Lead
SVN No.: CFCV2019/135
: Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Organizational Unit : Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
IOM Classification: Hourly Tier Scale
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (Hourly) 03 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for managing the implementation and evaluation of the biometric registration activities in accessible areas as well as NAAs and also function as a liaison officer between the organization and partners for purposes of advocacy, data sharing and support within settlements across North-East Nigeria. He/she will perform the underlisted functions;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Coordinate at field level to ensure that the unit’s office and field operations assets are adequately utilized, and assist in management, maintenance and storage of biometrics registration equipment.
- Providing regular progress reports on field activities, and ensuring effective communication between the office and staff on the field.
- Coordinate weekly operational meeting with various units towards shared benefits of biometrics data for purposes of aid distribution, document, share minutes with supervisor and assign follow up based on capabilities
- Support partners and local authorities in the planning and registration of beneficiaries, using the set up SOPs and support feedback.
- Identify and report issues/challenges faced by both staff on the field and beneficiaries in various registration areas
- Coordinate with the team leads at the field level to support implementation of the beneficiary work incentive and initiating gender balance during the process.
- Support field staff movement to and from NAAs, ensure timely staff booking and prompt staff return to registration areas
- Liaise with the SSU for staff security clearance and briefing to be completed before dispatching staff to NAAs.
- Support the supervisor to create awareness of beneficiary data collected within assigned area and provide feedback on potential partners available, track partner’s activities and ensure effective follow up.
- Attend meeting at field level on behalf of DTM
- Collate and verify staff hourly timesheets, effectively manage teams and support hotline feedbacks during operations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma / University Degree with minimum of two years of progressively-responsible hands-on experience in the areas of biometrics registration implementation, overall management or similar area;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- At least one year experience of working in an emergency context in a supervisory capacity with practical knowledge of locations within Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States.
- Experience in managing teams, mentoring and delivering trainings;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong strategic and creative thinking;
- Efficiency, flexibility, high level of professionalism and ability to work under pressure, in a volatile and fast-changing context, under minimal supervision;
- Ability to guide and supervise staff and coordinate administrative matters;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, basic SQL and Good knowledge of information technology and Mega Match Accelerator (MMA) is required
- NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Candidate to indicate preferred state of deployment.
- Only candidates who are successful with the written test will be invited for the oral interview.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
1st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: [email protected]
indicating position applied on subject line.
Click Here for More Information
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019/135. Borno, Yobe and Adamawa State Senior Biometric Operations Team Lead.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.