FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Non-formal Education Officer
Supervisor: Non-Formal Education Specialist
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Non-Formal Education Specialist and as member of a program team, the NFE Officer will provide programmatic support and specific expertise for program implementation.
- On an as-needed basis, provide support in trainings, material development, and program monitoring.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Facilitate the implementation of projects and/or country programs, and ensure on-going program management, monitoring, and reporting on country and regional programs. In collaboration with Non-formal Education Specialist and other relevant partners to establish and/or revitalize non-formal learning centers (NFLCs) in selected communities. Monitor the implementation and ensure timely completion of non-formal curriculum.
- Assist in the selection of Master Trainers. Provide leadership and oversight of training of trainers and step-down trainings to facilitators. Respond to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs, and requirements generated from senior management.
- Assist with planning logistics for trainings; provide oversight and facilitation support during trainings Provide support for material development, including participating in materials development workshops, editing, formatting, liaising with graphic designers and consultants, and coordinating printing. Write reports of activities, including materials development and training. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Process sub-agreements and task orders; monitoring program progress as well as financial expenditures and subproject deliverables. Ensure accurate and timely reports and other relevant documents for field programs, e.g., quarterly implementing agency and country office program implementation and financial reports.
- Contribute to the Division’s annual work planning and budgeting processes, including identification of potential projects for bilateral or third-party funding.
- Use knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri to contribute to materials development. Use knowledge of training facilitation to provide training support. Provide leadership and team building at the task level.
- With minimal supervision manages high volume work flow. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Sound written and verbal communication as well as editing skills. Relevant computer software skills. E.g Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Communications, Education, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or related field, and 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Communications, Education, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field, and 3-5 years relevant experience 2-4 years’ experience with education programs.
- Prior team lead experience preferred. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization. International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
Application Closing Date
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.