Integrity Hospital is an indigenous privately-owned healthcare facility that offers free modern model healthcare service delivery in Owerri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job Type: Full Time
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and per scheduled shift
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families
- Managing patients with various medical cases
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem focused, and age-specific assessment techniques
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients’ needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome
- Document all relevant data in the medical record according to hospital standards
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations
- Initiate appropriate discharge plan
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills
- Implement and monitor infection control measures
- Apply safety measures related to patient care
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely
- Ensure availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the hospital management
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Applications are welcomed from Registered Nursing Midwives with at least 1 year experience, living within or around Owerri?
- Single qualification RN or double qualification in any relevant qualification such as RM, A&E, ENT, Psychiatric, Paediatric, Orthopaedic/Trauma.
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 12 months in a multiple bed hospital.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
- Ability to pass a written knowledge test and interview.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to higher level of care.
Application Closing Date
- Attractive and Competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
with the position applied for as the subject of the mail.