Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer (L1)
Reports To: Head of Service
- They provide a service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore services to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
- Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The Network Engineer (L1) focuses on first line support for standard and low complexity incidents and maintains the Networking environmental and monitoring equipment.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The Network Engineer (L1) identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate first line support calls assigned to them and identify root cause of incidents and problems.
- They ensure that efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product request and liaising with other team members.
- They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary. They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution with the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 2nd line support team.
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by the Company.
- When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analyzing and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required. They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- Network Engineers (L1) that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules.
Key Roles &Responsibilities
- Network Engineers (L1) are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and shortcomings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
- Monitor infrastructure remotely.
- Ensure that the assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Investigate first line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Company’s procedures.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- 2 - 4 years’ work experience.
- At least 2 years of ‘hands-on’ IT experience supporting and resolving diverse desktop software and hardware issues.
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting Windows based operating systems.
- VPN troubleshooting experience.
- Secondary School Qualification.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science.
- CCNA/A+/N+; MCSE or relevant qualification preferred.
Key skills and competencies:
- Demonstrate solution and service knowledge.
- Always strive to meet and exceed SLAs.
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proactive management
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and to think innovatively.
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess good planning and time management ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to cope under pressure.
- Network Engineers (L1) are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by Dimension Data and the client when relevant.
- They display a strong client service orientation and strive to meet and exceed SLAs at all times.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.