Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to Public-Private Mix (PPM) IHVN TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of improving TB case finding in Public-Private Sector in Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Kwara, Ekiti and Osun States.
We are looking for the qualified persons to fill up the position for the TB grant in the respective States in Nigeria:
Job Title: M&E Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project's M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project’s training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
- Provide technical support to PPM (Global Fund Project) including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E Manager.
Application Closing Date
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Statistics, Demography and Public Health.
- A master's degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS, Epi-Info and STATA
- Applicant's experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Age: Not more Than 45 years
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: [email protected]
on Email subject should be the position applying for: e.g M&E Officer Location: Ibadan
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.