The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant II
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare and review of financial statements;
- Check, process and report on returns and justification of funds granted to IITA;
- Raise journal for adjustments where necessary on various accounts and loading same on oracle;
- Attend to queries raised by Budget Officers on projects; Assist in checking of Cashiers’ cash balance as scheduled; Update, review and reconcile bills receivables from donors with the total grant income of projects;
- Prepare station imprest on regular basis;
- Develop, maintain and analyze budget;
- Prepare periodic accounting report;
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related result as needed;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting or Business Management, ICAN skill levelwould be an added advantage
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years related experience in a related role of a large organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be honest, trustworthy and hard working
- Be friendly and be a team player.
- Be able to read and interpret MOUs from donor.
- Be willing to work for long hours as the need arises, articulate and able to work with less supervision.
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
16th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.