The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4165973671
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Duties and Responsibilities
- NRC is looking for an ICT Coordinator for our field office in Maiduguri Borno State in North-East Nigeria.
- The ICT coordinator is accountable for all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRC's global digital transformation strategy.
- They ensure quality support is given to colleagues and advise on the technological solutions to best address the needs of the organization, with support from the team under their supervision.
- They collaborate with the Core Competencies (Programmes) to meet NRC's ambition to become a leader in the use of technology to deliver better.
- The ICT Coordinator reports to the Head of Support
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assists the implementation of the global ICT strategy
- Collaborates with counterparts in the CWA region and the Technical Line on regional ICT initiatives
- Establishes and maintains collaboration with NRC's core competency leads (Programmes). Advises on technological solutions and hardware
- Deploys and guarantees availability, smooth operation and optimum use of the ICT infrastructure, resources and services within the country: Internet connections (fibre, radio, VSAT), access to cloud applications, data storage and backup on the Cloud (O365), Cisco Meraki networks, UPS and backup power systems, security of ICT installations (air conditioning, electricity, physical access), desktop computers and laptops, smartphones, software and mobile applications
- Enforces data protection and ICT security policies within the country
- Identifies, proposes, plans and implements actions to streamline ICT operations in the country
- Performs periodic control visits to all sites in the country and plans ICT optimizations
- Accountable for monitoring and updating the ICT inventory with the Logistics Department
- Supervises the country's ICT team, participates in performance appraisals in collaboration with HR and Area Managers
- Establishes the annual IT budget in collaboration with the Technical Line and the Finance Department
- Provides staff training on the use of ICT resources, best practices for document management and IT security
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least three years of working experience in a similar position in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with a similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
We Can Offer
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Closing Date
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.