The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Intern
Webcruiter ID: 4164135113
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Duties and Responsibilities
- NRC is looking for an ICT Intern for our field office in Maiduguri Borno State in North-East Nigeria.
- The Purpose of the Internship program is to offers fresh graduates and students the opportunity for career exploration and development; but also offers NRC the platform to bring new ideas and energy into their workplace, develop talent and potentially build a pipeline for future full-time employees
- The ICT Intern reports to the ICT Technical Assistant
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Basic understanding of Networking, network systems, connectivity.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs of Laptop, printers, scanners etc.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, etc.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills, Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
We Can Offer
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Closing Date
- Commencement: December 2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside Mubi is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.