Spearfish Security West Africa is the Nigerian registered arm of Spearfish Security Ltd, based in Winchester, UK. Spearfish West Africa works closely with the development sector, managing risk and addressing the wide range of security issues frequently experienced in Nigeria. We provide direct support in the current areas of high risk and specialise in anticipating potential future developments and hot spots.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Supervisor (Line): General Manager SWA
Supervisor (Technical) Finance Manager (UK)
Purpose: Provide financial support to SWA
Duration: Six (6) months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP following interview and job offer.
Description of the activities
- Spearfish West Africa seeks to recruit a part time financial assistant who is accountancy qualified (or in the process becoming qualified) in book-keeping, taxation and financial administration. The post advertised is for the role based in Abuja, FCT
- The role would suit a suitably qualified individual who is currently employed or studying and seeks supplementary work experience.
Able to manage the following duties on a part time basis:
- Calculation and payment of VAT.
- Calculation and payment of personal taxes (e.g. PAYE, PENCOM, other).
- Liaison with local accountancy firm for annual income tax return.
- Tracking and reconciliation of monthly office costs.
- Use of proprietry accountancy software (training provided).
- Local invoicing consolidation and bill payments as directed by the Finance Manager.
- The individual would work under the direction of the General Manager, SWA for routine line management and directly to the UK based SF Finance Manager for all professional accountancy matters.
- The SF Finance Manager would remain responsible for the issuing of invoices and authorising all spend for SWA.
- Educated with a high standard of writing and numerical skills.
- Able to present matters concisely and coherently in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrable IT knowledge and skills compulsory (Microsoft Office 365 suite, word processing, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team (with both expat and national staff)
- Adaptability, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Accountancy degree (awarded or pending)
- Understanding of Nigerian tax law (PAYE, withholding tax etc).
- Hours per week: Estimated as 4 hours (2 working days per month).
- An office desk and laptop will be provided; however we envisage a flexible working relationship where the FA may not have to be based in the office for all of their duties.
Salary would be based on an invoiced hourly rate to be agreed.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their written Application, along with full CV and references by email to "Jacob Akinola" via: [email protected]
Please put the post applied for and your name IN CAPITALS in the email subject bar.
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to be invited for interview as soon as suitable CVs are received.
- Due to the number of applications it will not be possible to respond to all applicants. So if you have not heard from us by "13th December", please accept that you have been sifted out.