Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Review the National Volunteer Policy and Draft an Action Plan
Anywhere in Nigeria
Contract type: Consultant Agreement
Working Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week
Contract length: Duration of assignment The timeline for the completion of work is 30 days.
Start date: 24 December 2019
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- The service is required to be engaged to work/revise the draft Policy document, Draft Implementable Action Plan of the Policy and submit to the Stakeholders for validation before forwarding to Government for approval.
Competencies and Behaviour:
- At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
From N35,000/Month (Negotiable)
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To submit your application, click on the link above and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
- VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).