Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Security Officer
North East Nigeria, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- The post will be based in North East Nigeria. The Country Safety & Security Officer’s Position will support the VSO Nigeria Country Program in identifying, analyzing, and mitigating safety and security risks in order to facilitate access for country level developmental and humanitarian programming in Nigeria and to ensure VSO operates within acceptable safety and security risk levels.
- To do this the post holder will work with the program and operations employee, volunteers, partners and consultants to ensure that these stakeholders are supported /oriented and comply with the existing safety and security protocols of VSO Nigeria.
Competencies and Behaviour:
- At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Competitive and negotiable
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2019.
19th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To submit your application, click on the link above and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
- VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).