Management Systems International - A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT, Data Collection and Database Manager
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the IT, Data Collection and Database Manager will be responsible for providing critical support to the configuration rollout, updating, and management of the project’s mobile data collection and reporting system. The IT, Data Collection and Database Manager will work closely with Tetra Tech/MSI’s home-office software developers and Data Analyst and Visualization Specialist.
- This position will be based full-time in the NMP Office in Abuja, Nigeria, with occasional travel to Maiduguri.
Data Collection and Database Management System:
- Support project with data collection system set up, design, configuration, roll-out, updating and management.
- Train key project staff members on data collection system field administration.
- Consult project staff members on form design and structure.
- Troubleshoot remote monitoring issues including smartphone/tablet, connectivity, and sync issues.
- Create, maintain, and improve data visualizations using common business intelligence tools.
- Support ad-hoc TPM related request in support of project and TPM goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Perform periodic updates of software on project machines including Windows, Office, and antivirus software.
- Carry out Corporate Image Installations on Laptops and Desktop PCs.
- Configure Network and Corporate Domain Connectivity.
- Configure desktop client email setup for employees (MS Outlook).
- Manage permissions, perform updates and perform backups of company file server.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Provide face-to-face technical support and training to project staff.
- Troubleshoot printing problems and configure access to office printers.
- Support the roll out of new applications.
- Manage implementation of hardware/software projects with IT service providers and supervise maintenance contacts.
- Coordinate with vendors for warranty services.
Application Closing Date
- A university degree from a recognized higher education institution in Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrable work experience serving in an IT and/or Database Management role for M&E or Third-Party Monitoring data collection efforts.
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrable work experience providing IT support.
- Experience with remote data collection platforms (ODK, Fulcrum, etc) and communication technologies, including troubleshooting.
- Experience in preparing training materials for field and office-based staff in languages common to Northeast Nigerian States and in English.
- Experience with popular business intelligence tools such as Metabase, Tableau, QlikSense, or Jasper.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.