Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family Planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified applicants for the position below in a Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation funded project titled "Resilient and Accelerated Scale Up of DMPA-SC/Self Injection project in Nigeria".
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: The Director of the Programmes.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure effective technical lead of Family planning programming implementation activities of the project in ten states.
- Contribute to operations and technical reviews of FP strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it reflects strategic plans and FP method mix at national level as well as donor priorities.
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive to direct reports (staff) and partners on the project.
- Coordinate and facilitate RH/FP service delivery (quality and systems strengthening) with special emphasis on DMPA-SC and Self Injection and other related activities in project anchor sites and respective satellite sites.
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate quality improvement/health system strengthening activities.
- Provide leadership to the development of annual work plans as well as state level monthly/ quarterly implementation work plans for partners on the project.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programming, activities, reports, security, procurement, HR and financial grant management protocols.
- Establish and maintain relationship with relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the Family planning project.
- Promote the integration of FP into RH programmes and other relevant units including Postpartum Clinics.
- Applicants must possess a Medical background (MBBS or B.Sc. in Nursing) with Master's degree in Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years working experience on donor funded Family Planning, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology and significant understanding of clinical and community based health projects with focus on vulnerable populations.
- Must have excellent skills in project/grant management, project monitoring, use of data to improve project implementation, project finance skills/documentations and quality project reporting.
- It also includes ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and Ministry of Health at national and state levels, strong skills in leadership, organizational/institutional capacity strengthening, interpersonal relations and written/oral communication.
- He/she should also have proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as necessary.
- Experience and good understanding of international donor regulations, principles and procedures is desirable.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.