Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager - Data Centre
Department: Data Centre Leadership
Reports to: Data Centre Technical Manager
- The primary objective of this position is to collaborate with the relevant internal stakeholders in the BU and region to ensure the country achievement of client-led, business value solutions. They will take responsibility for creating business value for our clients through our data centre portfolio and the successful execution of the data centre strategy within their specific country.
- This employee will work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to implement, enable and execute the Data Centre strategy in the country.
- They will align business unit specific KPI metrics and reporting within their country and regional project management bodies.
- They provide data centre thought leadership and will continuously research and ensure the implementation of the latest, best practice methods and tools that will align to the achievement of the regional BU strategy.
- This employee will be directly involved in solution development and go-to-market activities and will ensure functional integration for the business unit within their country.
Operations and efficiency and financial management:
- The Senior Manager: DC will ensure process efficiency and manage business operations to ensure the achievement of country goals.
- They will ensure the development of regionally aligned local policies and procedures and operating plans that will enable the achievement of the overall business unit strategy.
- This employee will be responsible for the development of the budget for the local business unit and ensure the profitability and financial performance, including the management of partner rebates.
- This individual will take corrective action to efficient operations consistent with strategic objectives, operational plans and goals and profit and loss.
- They provide the necessary governance and oversight to ensure that the business unit is achieving client and financial goals by providing regular reviews and reporting on progress against strategic programmes and projects related to the business unit.
- The Senior Manager: DC will drive country execution to ensure the achievement of business unit goals within the region.
- He/she will assume the role of “go-to-market” lead for the country data centre business unit and align sales with key opportunities.
- The Senior Manager: DC will work closely with Marketing and Sales to support regional sales by providing training sessions to sales employees and assisting with the determination of pipeline necessary to achieve regional targets, including the development of short-term incentive programs.
- This employee designs and ensures the local implementation of deployment pipelines to achieve key strategic business outcomes.
- They will directly support strategic deals and client engagement practices and mentor local teams accordingly, providing subject matter expertise on RFPs/RFIs.
- This employee will measure local business unit success and promote thought leadership by developing white papers and capturing and disseminating cases studies with other countries within their region, as well as speaking at events.
- They will support the regional marketing and demand generation activities through the provision of advice to the country teams.
- They will drive their territory and ensure that they are equipped with the appropriate skills and ability to sell DC services
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required.
- Effectively manage a team of DC Engineers, their resources, development and overall performance
- 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- 8 years’ work experience as a Technical Team Leader within the Technology Industry
- Information Technology Degree.
- CIE Qualification Experience
Key skills and competencies:
- Possess sound knowledge of Company’s IT infrastructure and systems.
- Possess an understanding of the operations of a Data Centre business.
- Display specialist and detailed technical expertise.
- Demonstrate good analytical thinking skills.
- Possess leadership skills.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills.
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation.
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Display resilience and the ability to cope with pressure.
- Possess people management ability.
- Possess the ability to compile reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 18th December 2019. (Time: 3PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Any application received after the closing date and time will be automatically rejected.