EST Master Construction Limited - An Engineering Construction company located in Port-Harcourt requires for immediate employment technically sound and result oriented individuals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Ref Code: MCLR/CON/01/20
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Qualification and Requirements
- The candidate must have proficiency in construction contract administration in the following areas:
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Administration of claims
- Management of variations
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
- Drawing up contracts for vendors/subcontractors
- Supervision of tender process inclusive of Bid Analysis of capital work to negotiation, cost control, and final account.
- Construction supervision, inspection, measurement of contract works and preparation of payment certificates.
- Preparation of assessment/evaluation reports and attending all mandatory meetings.
- Excellent knowledge/skills in costing and estimation.
- High degree of accuracy and speed in measurement of Building and Civil Engineering work.
- Excellent knowledge/skills in management of subcontractors and direct labour.
- Pricing all works in line with current market conditions whilst maintaining established profit margins.
- Improving where possible company profits.
- Ensuring contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients’ requirements.
- Managing target costs and preparing monthly cost reconciliation for the Project Manager.
- Undertaking site visits in preparation of all tenders and take photographs and preparing tenders based on estimating procedures.
- Up-to-date reports.
- Responsible for all the commercial aspects of projects from appraisal and validation of subcontractor applications.
- Submission and Negotiations of Final Accounts.
- M.Sc./B.Sc./HND in Quantity Surveying with minimum of 7 years experience.
- In-depth experience of Quantity Surveying work, associated procedures and practices, preferably in Engineering Construction.
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas: Project management, Budget management, Construction procurement, Collaborative/partnership.
- A thorough knowledge of current forms of contract.
- Able to understand and adhere to complex regulations and procedures and to effectively assimilate procedural and technical detail.
- Able to consult, negotiate, influence and persuade a wide range of people.
- Attention to detail and practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and Team working skills
- Able to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite with excellent time management and presentation skills.
- A proven track record (with stable employment with the same company/group for three years or more).
- Enthusiastic and commercially inclined.
- Ambitious and innovative long term team player.
- Professional qualifications and/or institute membership will be an added advantage.
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt or its environs
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]