AZA is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of West African Sales
- The Head of West Africa Sales is responsible for managing and expanding AZA's sales operations, and revenue generating processes and execution across the West African Francophone and Anglophone markets. This includes scaling the business across our various products which serve our diverse customer segment needs which includes, but is not limited to the Payout API for Money Transfer Companies and the B2B cross-border payments service.
- The ideal candidate must bring a sound understanding of and previous experience with global treasury management, FX rates, and currency risk management tools.
- This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for leaders who are comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as well as analyzing sales metrics.
- Lead sales efforts to maintain and scale revenue with a customer-centric approach.
- Focus efforts to generate scalable, repeatable and predictable volume, revenue and net profit.
- Align and optimize the entire customer experience with the aim of increasing revenue.
- Work across both new and established markets to build AZA’s presence in West Africa.
- Ensure that the Sales team focuses on the sustainable acquisition of clients (MTOs, mid-large corporates, SMEs, BDCs, cryptocurrency traders) who trade large volumes at target margins.
- Establish regional sales and operational processes to build efficiency and manage costs.
- Ensure that total client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Reduce key-man risk, and ensure that the West African Sales Managers build robust teams who are properly trained and advancing in their knowledge and skills.
- Ensure there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients with a focus on our pooling business model.
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
- Develop and execute a detailed regional sales strategy that ensures scalable growth of a diverse and sustainable portfolio of clients with steady revenue flows.
- Act as a liaison between the regional West Africa teams and the Chief Revenue Officer, communicating high-level updates on a regular basis.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives (OKRs) with specific, measurable goals.
- Ensure that our regional sales/marketing activities are aligned towards maximizing the company’s short-term and long-term revenue growth.
- Lead efforts to evaluate product-market sales fit in new and existing markets in West Africa.
- Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders: Product, Compliance, Finance, Treasury and Growth to optimize the customer experience and align on the revenue growth strategy.
- Analyze and present data to key internal stakeholders in order to inform impactful business decisions and help adapt tactics that drive profitable growth within the region
- Coach, assist and manage the team on efficient acquisition, retention, and growth of customers.
- Recruit, train, and retain effective, talented Sales Managers who can build their own teams.
- Implement/lead regular check-in’s with the team to ensure progress towards goals is on track.
- Ensure the Sales Team keeps CRM tools up to date and maintain excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during the sales cycle.
- Actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough annual budgets and sales projections with the Sales team, and present to management and the company.
- Manage sales budget, incentive plans, and team expenditures.
- Lead high-ROI customer deals and relationships which have a significant impact to revenue.
- Represent AZA at relevant Sales Conferences.
- Seasoned professional with 8 to 10 years of experience in sales and marketing or financial services in West African markets (ideally in B2B cross-border payments, money transfer, mobile money, treasury management, FX risk management)
- Previous experience in successfully scaling a business/sales for payment companies globally is a plus
- Previous experience in managing, mentoring and scaling sales teams
- Access to a large network of local decision-makers within corporates/fintechs/banks
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up
- Fluency in, or working knowledge of, French is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to be based in Lagos or Dakar and travel within West Africa
- University Degree
Application Closing Date
- Competitive salary.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees.…and more!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online