Knightsbridge Hotel & Suites located in the heart of the Ikeja business district, in a quiet residential area is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter/Waitress
Application Closing Date
- Welcome customers when they enter your restaurant & escort them to their table.
- Be a menu expert. Give guests menus once they have been seated and be prepared to provide detailed information on ingredients, food allergies, how the food is cooked, recommendations, and the specials of the day.
- Sometimes, servers are expected to bus or help bus. Prepare tables and clean when customers have left and replace silverware, table cloths, and glasses with clean ones.
- Take accurate food and drink orders with an easy-to-use POS system. There's nothing worse than getting an order wrong. It's frustrating for the server, the customer, the owner, and the chef.
- Be sure to always ask for ID if customers order alcoholic beverages and look underage.
- Always communicate with kitchen staff on orders or any issues.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for dents or breaks. Customers don't want to sit down to cracked glasses or dishes; it's a big turn off and reduces the chances of them returning.
- Serve food and drinks straight away so that they don't go cold (or warm). There's nothing worse than biting into lukewarm food or taking a sip of cold coffee!
- Check in with customers to ensure they are enjoying their meal and that there are no problems. If there are problems, be sure to deal with customer complaints correctly and politely, as no one likes a rude waiter.
- Remove plates and cutlery from the table when customers at the table are finished and bring them to the kitchen to be cleaned.
- Once customers are completely finished with their meal, bring them the bill and leave it on a neutral part of the table, or approach the table with a tablet for guests to pay, sign, and tip at the table. Be prepared to know how to split the bill.
- Regularly meet with hosts, hostesses, and the back-of-house staff to review specials, changes on the menu, 86'ed items, and service specifications for reservations (e.g. big parties).
- During down time, stock service areas with supplies such as ketchup, salt, pepper, sugar, and cutlery.
- Be available to work flexible hours and be dependable. The schedule of a server is seldom fixed.
- Present yourself well and abide by proper grooming and appearance standards. Servers are the face of a full-serve restaurant.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
15th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to:
Human Resource Officer,
Knightsbridge Hotel & Suites,
9, Emina Crescent, Off Toyin Street,
Ikeja - Lagos State.