Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Lead
: Lagos, Nigeria
Main Job Responsibilities
- As the Site lead for Lagos factory for, you will have overall responsibility of the manufacturing site you will deliver the target supply plan at optimal supply chain cost, develop and implement strategy for the factory, manufacturing methods, Organization and People Development, Capital Investment plans, cost Improvement plans & strategies and product innovation projects to meet business needs for the successful development of our brands.
- You will also develop a management style which encompasses setting tough goals, involving all employees in the manufacturing site in finding solutions to achieve them. Such solutions should be appropriate to a small, fast growing Business.
- Additionally, you will ensure that Upfield Safety, Environmental and Quality policies are implemented on site and develop the planning processes to ensure efficient use of Raw Materials on the Site.
- Ensure that the Factory supplies its customers reliably and flexibly to ensure constant availability of our products.
- Prepare and agree operational budgets for the site and ensure delivery against the agreed budgets, covering all areas of spend on the site (People cost, energy, Maintenance, Materials usage etc).
- Work to find ways of reducing Raw Materials waste and organize the manufacturing teams optimally.
- Develop, agree and implement strategy for the Site, incorporating the requirements of key stakeholders, particularly, the Business Team.
- Prepare and agree annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for implementation of approved projects on the site.
- Take Personal responsibility for development of the members of the Site Management Team.
- Ensure processes are put in place for development of all employees on the site.
- Develop ways of working to support strategy implementation.
- Work with Management team to develop a work style that enrolls all on site in the achievement of site objectives.
- Ensure the site plays a full role in managing the total Supply Chain optimally.
- Ensure site objectives are fully supportive of the Business Team.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in a management position in manufacturing, preferably in Food Service
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Experience in Manufacturing Strategy Development and Performance Management
- Extended Supply Chain interaction and experience in Total productive maintenance
- High degree of Business & Financial acumen and change management experience
- Inspirational leadership, Coaching, Disciplined Execution and Continuous Improvement Mindset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online