AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but Collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria. AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide. The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Regional Medical Manager
: Makurdi, Benue
Reports to: Medical Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Regional Medical Manager directly oversees all medical and interrelated activities, within AHF-Nigeria supported facilities in a cluster of States in Nigeria.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring high quality services within standalone, comprehensive sites and outposts within the States, and see to the expansion of services within the States/region in Nigeria, ensuring delivery of high quality standard of care for all patients through staff mentor-ship, supervision and leadership.
Leadership and Management:
- As a Senior Regional Medical Manager, he/she oversees AHF medical operations in the State and supports the Medical Director to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the state/region.
- Provides technical support to the Prevention and Treatment program and ensures effective continuity of prevention services to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Leads the development of work plans for the sites within his/region
- Takes the lead in ensuring AHF’s visibility and presence is strengthened within the region by strengthening partnerships with key stakeholders, strengthening communication and collaboration as well as increasing AHF CBO partners in the region
- Attends key technical partners’ meetings and provides feedback to management through the Medical Director.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- He/she participates in staff need assessment, interviewing, and induction of new hired staff.
- He/she participates in setting performance targets and staff appraisal, disciplining and addressing complaints of employees under his/her supervision.
- Supports the operations of the programs in the region to ensure efficient service delivery in each site/program area
- Ensures standard quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF supported sites in the region. He/She will lead quality assurance initiatives in the region
- Leads AHF growth and expansion within the region/ cluster of states. He/ She will ensure that AHFs program grows within the region via sites expansion, client growth and increase in number of partners.
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision, focusing on adhering to national guidelines, policies and AHF standards
- Provides on-site technical support and mentoring to the field staff and coordinate M&E AHF activities
- Supervises and ensures implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and that functional QI teams are active at state and site levels
- Supervises and implements quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions.
- Strengthens and ensures TB/HIV, HIV Prevention, ART, services are delivered in an integrated service delivery model.
- Ensures optimal operations of the laboratory services, including functioning of sample referral networks at regional level
- Ensures the development and optimization of STI and cervical cancer screening services at AHF-supported health facilities in the states in the region
- Guides and supports implementation of differentiated service delivery that ensures de-congestion, streamlined patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision making at site, regional and country program level.
- Utilizes routine quarterly data and other relevant information to inform and drive quality of healthcare
- Identifies early warning resistance indicators and intervention strategies
- Remains updated on current trends and standards in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses, ensures the dissemination of same to staff in ANF-supported health facilities in the states in the region
- Participates in the elaboration/monitoring of annual targets and ensure that they are achieved in all regional sites
- S/He is the point person for management of difficult cases in the states.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Provides direct supervision and mentor-ship to state coordinators working in the different states in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist
- Works with the program pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices
- Identifies and promotes operational research at site level and builds capacity among the staff in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers.
Application Closing Date
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognizable institution and duly certified with the local regulatory council. Additional qualification in health systems management or public health will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Ten years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Five years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; three years minimum of leadership, administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Experience in planning and budgeting is required
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices is desired
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
5pm; 17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation an Equal Opportunity Employ