SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- As part of the Executive Management, participates in visioning, strategic planning, execution of strategies, and review of overall plans and programs to ensure achievement of corporate vision, goals and objectives.
- Primarily responsible for financial reporting to the corporate Head Office in compliance to group reporting standards per SGS Group Finance policies as well as adherence to respective local statutory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for centralized finance and administration support covering key functions: financial reporting, treasury, purchasing and general office administration.
- Directs the performance of functional responsibilities and staff development of the Finance and Administration teams / sections involved in financial reporting, treasury, tax, purchasing and general office administration.
- Solid Line to Managing Director
- Dotted Line to Regional Finance Manager
- Provision of timely and accurate Management and Financial Information to Africa Management and the Group as required by established reporting procedures and in addition ensuring compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
- Supervision of the overall financial and administration duties (Accounting, Treasury, Clients, Purchasing, Suppliers information technology).
- Controlling on the financial performance of SGS Inspection Services Nigeria Limited and other SGS affiliates operating inside Nigeria and recommending remedial actions to the Managing Director and Africa Management.
- Protection of the assets of the Company.
- Management and commercial support to SGS Inspection Services Nigeria Limited management for new developments, tenders, projects and acquisitions. Review of project submissions and preparation for approval process.
- Participation in the development of SGS Inspection Services Nigeria Limited management and financial policies and procedures. Implementation and enforcement of these policies and procedures in Nigeria across all projects, branches and locations.
- Ensuring SGS Nigeria’s policies and procedures are consistent with those of the Group and Africa Management.
- Strong emphasis on the implementation and maintenance of an adequate internal control environment at all levels of the Company. Issuing recommendations to local Management on corrective actions.
- Ensuring proper implementation of approved recommendations.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Liaison with local external auditors and Group internal auditors.
Tax & Administrative Management:
- Ensuring effective tax, and treasury management, ensuring Group Treasury. Tax and dividend policies are adhered to.
- Effective and timely implementation of internal and External Audit recommendations
- Direct and /or functional responsibility for the performance and development of financial staff, including branch financial administrators as well as career pathing and succession planning.
- Assist with Capitalization requirements
- To control bad debts and receivables of the Company
- Ensure the statutory status and necessary filings of the companies are all up to date.
- Provide Business with all the financial information they require
- Financial Analysis and distribution of associated reports to the various stakeholders
- Lead finance transformation including business back office functions.
- Partake in SGS Global project initiatives
- Develop accountants in the Company.
- Monthly SGS Group reporting and Gap analysis. Regarding gap analysis, provide spreadsheets for the gap analysis after financial reporting to the Group to enable operations to perform gap analysis by the 10th of each month.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Managing Director.
- Complies fully with SGS Code of Integrity and Rule for Life.
- Financial degree, Chartered Accountant or CIMA qualification will be an advantage but not mandatory;
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in a multinational in a senior level critical
- Hyperion and HFM experience advantage
- Oracle Boss and Sun experience advantage
- Experience in a matrix organization critical
- Good command of English language, read, write and talk critical.
Application Closing Date
- Fosters Innovation: Challenges the way things are done. Allows time for self and others to develop new ideas. Encourages people to think creatively and come up with new ideas.
- Thinks Strategically: Understands the internal/external environment impacting future business direction. Clarifies critical priorities to create business value. Assesses potential risks.
- Builds High Performance Teams: Aligns team members in company culture, vision, values and expectations. Seeks out and leverages team members’ diverse ideas, strengths, and experience. Holds self and team members accountable for results. Recognizes team successes to build team spirit and motivation. Man-ages conflict in a pragmatic and constructive manner.
- Embraces Change: Anticipates the need for change. Seeks out new and improved ways of doing things. Overcomes the barriers to change. Implements change in a timely and effective manner. Champions the importance of change.
- Leads in Uncertainty: Advances problems towards resolution despite ambiguity. Takes calculated risks to move the business forward. Makes confident and timely decisions despite incomplete information or adverse factors. Works well under pressure.
- Delivers Superior Results: Sets higher standards of performance. Fosters a sense of urgency to exceed tar-gets. Works to exceed customers’ expectations. Strives for operational excellence. Delivers short-term wins that build on long-term goal.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online